This website is designed to help you make informed choices about the use of renewable energy systems for your home. The site shows how renewable energy systems can be combined together or used with an existing fossil-fuel fired systems to reduce your carbon emissions.
There are many choices of renewable energy systems available that can be incorporated into both new and existing homes. The choice of system will not only have an impact on your carbon footprint but also on the continued running cost of your home. Renewable energy systems can include space heating, hot water and electricity generation.
The first place to start when considering any of the methods of reducing your carbon footprint is energy saving. The most important element to allow you to get the best out of any of the renewable energy systems is to use them in a well insulated and draught proofed house. The first part of any investment in renewable energy should be to ensure your loft and cavity wall insulation is at least up to current standards, windows should be double glazed and draught seals fitted to all opening doors and windows.
Only when you have minimised heat loss should you consider adding a renewable heating system.
The details contained on this website are intended to introduce you to the possibilities of using various renewable technologies available in the UK today and give details on where you can find the necessary technical and installation information.
Latest news from the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Speech: NDA Estate Supply Chain event
- Press release: Cutting edge low carbon energy projects get £5 million funding boost
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 27 November 2014
- Speech: Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme Roadshow
- News story: The bottom line for business: save energy, save money.
- Speech: Address to the Tidal Energy Summit
- News story: Moving? Your solar can move with you
- Press release: Public want urgent global action to tackle climate change
- News story: Leading offshore wind suppliers invest in TAG Energy facility in Teesside
- Press release: UK pledges to help hardest hit by climate change
- News story: Energy efficiency in rural homes increases by almost 3000% in six months
- Press release: Taking pollution out of our power stations
- Speech: Speech at the Europe-Canada Energy Summit
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon
- Speech: Energy Priorities